Monday, December 6, 2010

Fall in Houston



Okay, so it was a bit late coming (for me at least) but it is finally starting to feel like fall. At least most days of the week. We even have leaves changing color. I don't know if it will ever feel like winter to me or even Christmas. Although I did have someone warn me that it will sometimes freeze here. As in, it get's below 32 degrees sometimes, so be prepared. It was kind of hard for me to keep a straight face but I tried to be polite because I have been told that by this time next year I will be thinking that below thirty is winter weather. Ha Ha Ha! Most days we can go out without a jacket and sometimes we wear shorts. Even though I miss the coziness of snow I like being able to run outside.

We've been having fun the last couple months. Our neighbors had a Halloween party with some of the other couples that live in the area. We took a Halloween dessert.
I think we had more fun making it than anything else. It is a graveyard, if you couldn't tell, complete with marshmallow ghosts and candy pumpkins.

We dressed as a Cowboy and Cowgirl. I forgot to get a picture of us together but Tyler had the more complete outfit because he had the belt buckle and spurs from his mission.

We also carved a pumpkin. Tyler did one side and I did the other. It was fun as always, and we roasted the seeds. I think our faces turned out pretty well. It was funny though because we couldn't put the pumpkin outside because it was too hot, it would have spoiled too fast. Kind of the opposite of Utah where we had to put them outside so they would not go bad so fast. It is stuff like that that makes living here interesting. It is just funny how much you take for granted when you spend your life in the same place.

No comments: